Sunday, March 25, 2007

The weekend passes...

Even though I'm a grown-up and can technically do whatever I feel like doing, there are times when I have to be a "good girl" and finish my work before I can go play. That was the deal this weekend. I had the chance to go up to Maine and visit some close friends who I haven't seen in a while, who I really missed and wanted to see. Unfortunately, I had a lot of work to do at home, and I was a bit under the weather with a cold. I needed to work on my resume, since I'm down to one week of work (yeay!) and then it will be an all points bulletin search for a new job. You wouldn't think that briefly cataloging my various work responsibilities would be hard, but it's trickier than I thought to say it all coherently and succinctly. And my cover letter is only half done. Okay, more like one third done. I feel like the words I want are just beyond my reach...even now when I'm typing this update it feels like it's not completely what I want to say. I did manage to get the house relatively back in order-- laundry done, dishes washed, kitchen scrubbed down and clean sheets on the bed. So at least a little bit got accomplished. Since giving up a nice visit this weekend, I do have a special treat for myself to make up for it. The Discovery Channel has come out with a new mini-series called Planet Earth which looks absolutely fantastic. I was a big fan of the Blue Planet series about the world's oceans and this looks to be even more visually striking. So tonight at 8, I have a date in front of my tv. Then it will be one more early Monday morning. This week is going to fly by, just like this weekend.

1 comment:

Gender Blank said...

Enjoy the show! And good luck getting your resume in order. I know what a chore that is!