Saturday, May 19, 2007

Avast me hearties, the Pirating be close at hand!

Waaaahhhhhooooo!! Okay, that's not a very pirate-like yell, more the sound an excited little girl makes, but whatever, I don't care, because....I just scored 2 tickets to a special advanced showing of Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End!! The Disney website explains that there will be an early opening of Thursday, May 24th at 8:00 in *select cities. We've never been in a *select city...places Maine and New Hampshire are not what people consider *select. Usually that means you have to be in a hip, happening place like Manhattan, L.A., or San Francisco to catch an advanced opening of a movie, especially one this big. BUT NOT THIS TIME!!!! As luck would have it, the tiny, grubby little movie theater not 5 minutes down the street from us is going to have the special showing the night before the regular release! This place is not that big, and I saw what it was like when Dead Man's Chest came out, the place was a madhouse, they sold out fast! So fast that they opened up two later showings which we managed to get tickets to, so that we were there past midnight. So, as soon as I saw the ad for Thursday night, and not knowing how long the information had been posted, I didn't figure I'd even be able to get tickets....BUT I DID!!! They had only sold 11 tickets so far...they must have only just put the sign up for the early open. I can't believe it, in less than a week, I can see Pirates!!! Waaaahoooooo! Just 5 days, 7 hours, 23 minutes, and 18 seconds!

No comments: