Monday, May 28, 2007

Scratch Plan A, even though there's very little time left...

Only two weeks remain and then it's MOVING DAY!! I can't believe how fast this whole process has been. Our apartment here in NH is a maze of boxes, which the cats love. I caught Jack sleeping in an open box, snuggled in with the DVD's. He's also taken to sleeping in the empty bookshelves. I think it's too late now to break him of the habit....I just hope when we get to Maine and get books back on the shelves, he'll realize there's no room left for his body! Today I packed up my scrapbook table, which created a huge space in the living room. That's when it hit us...we're really moving. There are boxes everywhere, only a few kitchen items remain, half our cloths are packed, we've been on the phone almost daily with our real estate broker and various paper pushers, but it took seeing our living room rearranged to make it real. At this point we have done all we can do and now it's up to the bank and lawyers to set up the closing. It's a weird time of waiting to know what's going on, coordinating all these different things. It's all so up in the air. Originally we were shooting for the 1st for a closing date, and the 4th for the move. However, due to circumstances beyond our control, we are now looking to close on the 12th, after loading up the truck on the 11th. I don't know if we'll have any help in the heavy lifting department from family because they are already coming down on the 9th for graduation, and they would have to turn around and come back the two days later to help on the move. (Hotel stays are not an option...rooms have been booked for months due to graduation) It's not fair for them to do so much driving. So...we may need to break out the professionals. Our king-sized bed alone weighs about two elephants and will need a crew of brae Scottish caber tossers to lift it. As for me, I get the joy of transporting the two cats by myself because Mark will drive the moving truck. Yeay, 4 hours of screaming, crying felines. Well, it's sure to be an adventure no matter what happens. At this point it's all still speculation. Things can change with a single phone call. And everything can be upset again if I have to fit in a job interview...I hope I hope I hope :)

For now, we'll call this Plan B.

No comments: